Research track professor in data science
We are seeking highly motivated candidates holding a PhD in computer science, mathematics/statistics, engineering, Management Sciences or a closely related field discipline (candidates who are close to completion are also acceptable). The candidate must show interest in interdisciplinary collaborations and research in business studies. Successful candidates will have a clear research focus on the disciplines mentioned above, and ideally address topics linked to new technology and innovation (e.g. digital transformation, AI).
Responsibilities for this position include conducting academic research and teaching. Teaching opportunities are available at the undergraduate, masters, and executive level. The teaching load will be defined on a personal basis, and will depend on the publications. Classes to teach include python coding, python data analysis, text-mining, machine learning, big data in practice, deep learning, etc.
Fluency in English is required. Speaking French is not a requirement yet emlyon will provide upon arrival language support to train new comers and allow then to get basic French notions.
The position is based in our Ecully-Lyon campus (France) with possible travels to other campuses. The position holder will closely collaborate with our existing team of professors/researchers in Operations, Data & AI department.
We are looking for candidates who meet the following requirements:
- This position requires an earned doctorate in computer science, mathematics/statistics, engineering, Management Sciences or a closely related field discipline (candidates who are close to completion are also acceptable) and proven ability and commitment for engaging in research activities (publications, research seminars, patents, etc.).
- This position requires not only a documented excellence in teaching but also pedagogical engineering capabilities to meet the increasing demand on data science courses. Ideally, the candidate should be able to manage (identify, select, retain) a portfolio of external lecturers.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter containing your motivation for the position
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A research statement
- A teaching statement (with teaching evaluations)
- The paper to be presented if invited for a job interview (preferably unplublished)
- Reference letters from two referees