ESCP Business School invites applications for a PhD fellow position in Management with a focus on Management Science and Data Analysis starting in September 2023.
The PhD candidate receives a full scholarship for 4 years, including a tuition waiver, and generous support for conferences and research visits. The PhD candidate will work on a challenging project related to food waste and loss and the ways to limit them in supply chain management. This research project aims particularly to investigate the operational and technological best practices to cope with food waste and loss. Analytical as well as data driven models will be developped for this purpose.
- Close supervision by three professors, Prof. Yacine Rekik, Professor of Business Analytics (Paris), Prof. Chuanwen Dong, Professor of Technology and Operations Management (Berlin) and Prof. Wei Zhou, Professor of Information and Operations Management (Paris).
- A well-structured PhD program with relevant and interesting courses that will make you an expert in your field and in various research methods. • A strong international working environment.
- You will be admitted to the Paris PhD program at ESCP Business School and will spend your first year there. Afterwards, you may alternate the following three years between the ESCP campuses in Berlin and Paris.
- A constructive and friendly atmosphere with regular joint research seminars to facilitate a fast and successful PhD. • You will be part of a large research community that includes 6 European campuses with many professors and other PhD students.
To qualify you should have:
- Completed or are about to complete a Master’s degree in economics, management science, industrial engineering or other similar majors (ideally with a focus on operations research, supply chain management, business analytics or related subjects). • Solid background in quantitative analysis, demonstrated by previous coursework or research experiences.
- A high level of enthusiasm for scientific work. • Very good English language skills.
- A strong sense of responsibility and commitment. The candidate should present a resume, a motivation letter, two recommendations letters, transcripts and any research material that might be useful (dissertation, paper...).
To apply please send your complete application documents by June 30, 2023 at the link https://escp.eu/programmes/doctoral-programmes/paris Review of applications will begin in March, and continue until the position is filled.
For information about the research project, please contact Yacine Rekik (email@example.com)
We are looking forward to your application!